[Tugindia] Query on printing with 'screens'

Frederick Noronha [फ़रेदरिक नोरोनया] fred at bytesforall.org
Mon Nov 17 05:59:41 CET 2008

Hi all:

I'm a Lyx user in Goa, and hope you won't mind me intruding.

Every time I go in for a book, to be printed via offset, my printer
has a problem. He takes the PDF file and attempts to do crazy things
like importing it into Windows/Corel Draw, etc.

He says the photos won't print because they don't have a screen.

Query:

* Is he right?

* Is there some way of putting a screen on the photos? LyX takes TeX
commands, so maybe if there's one I could use it.

Earlier, he was struggling to find how to print the file laterally
inverted (mirror image), and we found the command after some search.

Best, FN

PS: A cc'd reply to me would be highly appreciated...
--
FN * Independent Journalist http://fn.goa-india.org
Blog: http://fredericknoronha.wordpress.com