[Tugindia] (no subject)

Kannan Moudgalya kannan at iitb.ac.in
Wed May 28 02:51:22 CEST 2008

Dr. Sudheer Joseph wrote:
> Dear Users,
>            I wand to control the default tabbing  done by itemize
> environment. How to do it?. I was preparing a  slide using prosper and
> wanted to pack more text in to a minipage environment which in which I
> used  \itemize listing environment as it takes more space for tabbing
> lot of space in the minipage is getting wasted when I want to compress
> the text.
> Please advise.
> Sudheer
Please see below an environment itemcpt that I wrote to take less space
than itemize.  This may be sufficient for your purpose.

\newenvironment{itemcpt}{\begin{itemize} \topsep 0pt \partopsep 0pt
                        \parsep 0pt
                        \itemsep 0pt \leftmargin -1in \rightmargin 0pt
                        }{\end{itemize}}

I also use the package called spacing some times - it can be used to
increase or decrease the spacing between text lines.

Kannan