[Tugindia] Cross-referencing

Ajay Shah ajayshah at mayin.org
Fri Aug 8 14:32:55 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 05:38:48PM +0530, Manjusha Joshi wrote:
> Hi Shruti,
>
> On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Shruthi Jayaram <
> shruthi.jayaram.85 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have redefined the enumerate environment to generate specific styles
> > of numbering. But when I use cross-referencing to point to a nested
> > item in the enumerate environment, it reflects the default enumeration
> > and not my re-defined enumeration. Is there any way I can fix this? I
> > have attached a self-explanatory TeX code to illustrate this better.
> > Thanks!
> > Shruthi
> >

> We can not see the attachment, may be due to  mailing list policy.
> Can you please paste the code in the mail?

\documentclass[11pt,a4paper]{article}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{amsfonts}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\renewcommand{\labelenumi} {\bfseries\arabic{enumi}.}
\renewcommand{\labelenumii} {(\arabic{enumii})}
\renewcommand{\labelenumiii} {(\alph{enumiii})}
\renewcommand{\labelenumiv} {(\roman{enumiv})}
\begin{document}
This is a working example of the issue I have with cross referencing. I have redefined the enumerate environment in the preamble to reflect enumi as \textbf{arabic.}, enumii as (arabic), enumiii as (alphabetical) and enumiv as (roman). \\

I will begin my creating a nested table
	\begin{enumerate}
	\item This is the first line
	\item This is the second line
		\begin{enumerate}
			\item This is the first nested line
			\item This is the second nested line
				\begin{enumerate}
					\item This is what I want to reference, let me call it A\label{A}.
				\end{enumerate}
		\end{enumerate}
	\end{enumerate}
When I call this reference at this point - ``\ref{A}", I do not see the labelling \textbf{2.}(2)(a), but I see \ref{A}. I'd be very grateful for any help on fixing this!
\end{document}

--
Ajay Shah                                      http://www.mayin.org/ajayshah
ajayshah at mayin.org                             http://ajayshahblog.blogspot.com