[Tugindia] DVI, PDF, PS

Dr. J. T. Andrews jtandrews at bitmesra.ac.in
Tue Sep 25 06:02:47 CEST 2007

Dear Owen,

>I have just noticed that there is a difference between the hard copies of
>DVI, PDF and PS files. The printed DVI is cool. The printed PDF in OK but
>the font is smaller. The printed PS is shifted "upward" on the sheet.
>Can someone tell me why this is so?

If you print directly from DVI / PDF / PS the hardcopy should look similar.
But, if you open PDF file with and PDF reader and print, the default option
"auto rotate and centre" and "autofit" should be disabled to get same
hardcopy. Auto fit or zoom=100% should give identical copies. With PS check
for A4paper option, this is discussed earlier tugindia Digest, Vol 54, Issue
9.
Wishes
Thomas