[Tugindia] Problem with Malayalam when using TeXLive

E. Krishnan ekmath at asianetindia.com
Fri Nov 9 23:36:47 CET 2007

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007, V. Sasi Kumar wrote:

> I now have texlive instead of tetex and my Malayalam fonts are
> apparently not seen.

You have to resinstall the Malayalam package with some additional tweaks.
First run the "install" script of the package as usual. Then do these:

1. Under the /texmf/fonts/map/pdftex and also under
      /texmf/fonts/map/dvips, create directories named "malayalam"

2. In the untarred "malayalam-0.9.2" directory, under the
      "fonts" subdirectory there are two mapfiles "malayalam.map" and
       "malayalam_pdftex.map". Copy the first to
       /texmf/fonts/map/dvips/malayalam  and the second to
       /texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/malayalam

3. Run (as root) "texhash"

4. Run (as root) "updmap-sys --enable Map malayalam.map"

5. If pdflatex is to be run on the source, include the line
      "\pdfmapfile{+malayalam_pdftex.map}" at the very beginning of the
      source.

--
Krishnan