[Tugindia] Problem with bibliography

Sasi Kumar sasi.keraladevelopment at gmail.com
Fri May 4 12:20:22 CEST 2007

I am having some problem in using bibtex. I have a .bib file and am
citing references from it through, for example, \cite{alphabetagamma}.
In the text, this should show, say, Alpher et al (1945). But what it
is showing is like

[Alpher et al (1945)Alpher, R., Bethe, H., and Gamow, G.]

The square brackets are undesirable and the three names being listed
immediately after the short citation is also unnecessary. The same
problems are seen in the Reference list at the end too. I am using the
plainnat.bst style. I tried creating my own style using makebst, but
the result is the same. I use the commands

\bibliographystyle{plainnat}
\bibliography{raindrop}

at the end of the document to generate the bibliography. What could be
the problem?

Thanks for any help.

--
V. Sasi Kumar <vsasi at hotpop.com>