[Tugindia] Changing chapter heading style

V. Sasi Kumar vsasi at hotpop.com
Thu Mar 8 13:04:15 CET 2007

I am trying to create a document in which the chapter heading has to be
given in white upper case letters in a black background. The black
background has to extend to the full text width like a band. I tried
using

        \colorbox{black}{\parbox{c}{\textwidth}{\Huge\bfseries\sffamily
        \color{white}\thechapter. \MakeUppercase#1\par\nobreak}

within the \def\@makechapterhead#1{ part in the new cls file that I
created from report.cls. This shows errors when I compile. It works
perfectly well if I remove the \parbox part. Could anyone help please?

        Thanks in advance
--
V. Sasi Kumar <vsasi at hotpop.com>
Visit http://chithariyachinthakal.blogspot.com