[Tugindia] LaTeX Workshop at Nagpur

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.org
Sun Mar 4 08:09:27 CET 2007

On Saturday 03 March 2007, drradhak at runbox.com wrote:
> -
> Dear Joshi,
> 1. I am not able to get the latest version of Latex from your
> organisation and replies to enquiries seem to be  major problem.

During 2006, no new release of TeXLive has been made.  The stock of
2005 release ran out before end of 2005.  I can't remember an
enquiry which is not answered about TeXLive stock position.  We
have placed orders for TeXLive 2007 (a combined release for 2006
and 2007) which is not yet received and will take another couple of
months as per current indications.

People are also advised to download iso images from CTAN owing to
the non-availability of CD/DVD.  These days, broadband connection
is available everywhere for a very low price and downloading is not
a problem at all.

> What then is the use of your efforts ?

It, indeed, helps the proliferation of usage of TeX system among
many people who have not thought of adopting it yet.  Manjusha's
efforts have helped a lot in propagating TeX in that part of the
country where she lives. TUGIndia was started with 80 members in
1998 which has grown to ~750 members from all over India, over
these years only because of the efforts of people like Manjusha.

> 2. Latex is a system meant
> for accurate and comprehensible English text.

Not exactly.  LaTeX cares about the typography, not the grammar of
your content.

Best