[Tugindia] tugindia Digest, Vol 54, Issue 8

Josy P. Pullockara josy at ctfd.cmmacs.ernet.in
Mon Jul 2 08:34:48 CEST 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-01 at 13:59 -0400, David Owen wrote:
> Hi, Everyone,
> Thanks for your help with "Margins 1in all round".
> I got nice results with: \usepackage[margin=1in]{geometry}. In the DVI the
> margins were like almost 1.25in but when I printed it the left margin was
> smaller than the right one. I do not know what to do now. The other
> suggestions had margins which were slightly different. Any suggestions?
> Thanks again for help.

> > From: "E. Krishnan" <ekmath at asianetindia.com>
> > Did you try "\usepackage[margin=1in]{geometry]" ?

> > From: "Josy P. Pullockara" <josy at ctfd.cmmacs.ernet.in>
> > \documentclass[a4paper]{article}
> > \usepackage[top=1in, bottom=1in, left=1in, right=1in]{geometry}
> > \begin{document}
> > bla bla bla bla bla bla ...
> > \end{document}

You probably missed the context.

Try t.tex

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\usepackage[margin=1in]{geometry}
\begin{document}
bla bla bla ... %repeat a 1000 times!
\end{document}

Compile as follows:
latex t.tex
dvips -t a4 -P pdf t.dvi -o
ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE=a4 t.ps

Notice the papersizes mentioned in t.tex, dvips and ps2pdf. This gives
me ~1in with an error of 1/32in margins around the bla bla bla ....

Regards.
--
Josy P. Pullockara <josy at ctfd.cmmacs.ernet.in>
National Aerospace Laboratories