[Tugindia] sty again

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.org
Wed Jan 17 07:22:12 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 21:22 +0530, Dr. Parthasarathy S wrote:
> I do collect a whole of sty files from different sources (e.g. CTAN). I
> often do NOT get the associated documentation about the commands which

This doesn't seems to be true to me.  Most of the contributed LaTeX
packages in CTAN have technical documentation in the form of a composite
file with extension *.dtx.  User documentation maybe part of this or
separately available. LaTeX'ing the *.dtx will provide you what you've
wanted.

> thiese packages contain. Is there some way to reverse engineer and find out
> the ommands and environments and the arguments for each, contained inside a
> package ?

If you really know how to reverse engineer, lack of documentation will
not put you in any crisis, although it can save a bit of effort.