[Tugindia] Drawing editor

Kannan Moudgalya kannan at iitb.ac.in
Wed Jan 17 03:17:15 CET 2007

I second this idea.  Should also include IPE and other similar editors.
One possible method of comparison is to choose some representative
examples and compare the effort and the output quality in each of these
editors.  I am also an xfig user.  I would not mind trying to create
the example figures in xfig.  We would need someone who has a good
sense of the latex system to coordinate this effort.

> I am aware that xfig, dia and inkscape are all candidates in this
> space. I am currently an intensive xfig user. I wondered if someone
> could write, or knew of a document off the shelf, comparing and
> contrasting the three alternatives.

Have you used the "point position ANY" feature of xfig?