[Tugindia] Problem with malayalam

Swami Pallasena swami at math.mun.ca
Fri Apr 6 18:17:41 CEST 2007

The Malayalam TeX comes bundled with Type I fonts, ,pfb etc.
and it used to indtall on a breeze in the old teTeX.  So, I feel
the problem is with the placement of the font map file according
to the revised TDS (TeX directory tree structure).
The new TDS has all the map files in /texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap
whereas the shell script for Malayalam TeX asks the map file to be
placed in dvips/config/config.ps  and pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg.

The same issue exists for Malayalm Omega and Tamil Omega
packages.