[Tugindia] Devanagari Script and LaTeX

Cyrus.Mehta mehta at cytel.com
Sat Oct 21 13:41:18 CEST 2006

Dear Tug-India,

We are producing an Indian edition of the "Yoga Aphorisms of Patanjali",
lectures of Swami Sarvagatananda, originally published by the
Ramakrishna Vedanta Society of Boston. The current edition of the book
was typeset with LaTeX. We will be typesetting the Indian edition also
in LaTeX. This time, however, we would like to use the Devanagari script
to display the actual aphorisms (in addition to displaying them in
English). Can you help us with details of where to get the fonts, how to
install them on a Windows machine and how to use the keyboard to create
the characters?

Thank you for your help.

Cyrus Mehta,
Cambridge, Massachusetts