[Tugindia] Oscillating errors: longtable in landscape

Dr C. K. Raju dr_c_k_raju at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 18 10:33:13 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am formatting a book in LateX, using the memoir class. Recently the
publisher suggested I reset some long tables (i.e. tables of more than one
page) in landscape mode. These were earlier set using the ctabular of the
memoir class, but if I use ctabular with the lscape package that gets only
the first page.

If I use the longtable package together with lscape, I get more or less what
I want, however, the compilation (with pdflatex) produces some peculiar
results. With two such tables, the number of errors oscillates from 8 to 70
and back, i.e. first compile gives 8, next gives 70, the third gives 8
again, and so on. These errors were not present earlier, and relate to the
longtable package. While I am getting the effect I want,  I am a bit unhappy
that there are so many errors, and if I ignore them, I might overlook a
genuine error.

Any suggestions? Any way to disable a certain category of errors?

Best wishes for Diwali and a prosperous New Year,

C. K. Raju