[Tugindia] New class file

V. Sasi Kumar vsasi at hotpop.com
Wed Oct 4 08:46:02 CEST 2006

On 04/10/06, Sridhar M.A. <sridharma at gmail.com> wrote:

> The page on which the chapter starts will have the plain style. You
> have to redefine the plain style to include the footer, etc. fancyhdr
> provides an option to redefine the plain style. I have pasted below a
> snippet from one of my files :
>
>  \fancypagestyle{plain}{%
>    \fancyhf{}%
>    \lfoot{_what_ever_you_want}
>    \rfoot{\slshape\thepage}
>    \renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0pt}
>    \renewcommand{\footrulewidth}{0.4pt}}

Thank you. That was very helpful. I had another small problem, though.
The page number is in the footer on the outer side -- that is, as the
lfoot on even pages and rfoot on odd pages. I tried using the
\fancyfoot[LE,RO] command instead of the lfoot and rfoot commands
above and it worked.

Thanks again.
--
V. Sasi Kumar <vsasi at hotpop.com>