[Tugindia] New class file

V. Sasi Kumar vsasi at hotpop.com
Sun Oct 1 10:44:36 CEST 2006

On 30/09/06, Steve Peter <speter at dandy.net> wrote:

> Are you certain you copied report.cls and not book.cls?

Yes, I am pretty sure I copied report.cls.

> In any case, around line 55 of either file, there is a line:
>
> \ProvidesClass{report}[2004/02/16 v1.4f Standard LaTeX document class]
>
> or in your case,
>
> \ProvidesClass{book}[2004/02/16 v1.4f Standard LaTeX document class]
>
> (The dates and version numbers may be different, depending on what
> you have installed.)
>
> Change that line to something like
>
> \ProvidesClass{cessar}[2006/09/30 v1.0 V. Sasi Kumar report document
> class]

I have changed this. The problem is not only that the of the message,
but also that the font for section has not changed. It almost appears
as though it is not using the new cls file. But my .tex file begins:

\documentclass[letterpaper,10pt,twoside]{cessar}

I also need to change the way the chapter heading is printed.in while
sansserif inside a black rectangular box that extends from left margin
to right margin. I was experimenting with changing font, and did not
succeed. :-(

Best
--
V. Sasi Kumar <vsasi at hotpop.com>