[Tugindia] Spacing between lines with mathematical formulae

Kannan Moudgalya kannan at iitb.ac.in
Fri Nov 24 19:16:42 CET 2006

Thanks for this suggestion.  This increases the spacing above and below the
equation.  I have made it a part of my commands file.

Unfortunately, however, the width of the formula also increases, which is
something I don't want.  In view of this, I have gone back to \dfrac.  I have
manually increased the spacing between the lines using commands of the
form \\[0.2mm].  This solution will not work if I use tabularx environment.
But, hopefully, I will not use mathematical formulae in tabularx.

Thanks.

Kannan