[Tugindia] Acronym and Suffix

rijo rijo at igidr.ac.in
Wed May 17 08:23:37 CEST 2006

Hi all,
 I was using acronym package. Because it required suffix package I downloaded it and added. However while compiling (pdflatex) it gives me a message
"! Package suffix Error: This package requires eTeX version 2". When I checked the suffix documentation I found the following.

"All of the files (except perpage.sty, for historical reasons) need
eTeX 2 as the LaTeX engine.  Newer distributions already are
eTeX-based; with older distributions you might need to use the
`elatex' command."
It is obvious that the TeXLive (fpTeX) that I am using is different from the eTeX. Can anyone advise me as to what is this eTeX. Is it a superior tex distribution. If so what is it that I should do to change to that.
I should be able to use this acronym package for the PhD thesis I am preparing. Any help would be appreciated.
Yours Sincerely,
Rijo John.