[Tugindia] Tamil LaTeX

Kapil Hari Paranjape kapil at imsc.res.in
Mon May 1 05:18:01 CEST 2006

Hello,

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, Shakthi Kannan wrote:
> I have been able to run mf on wntml10.mf and it
> generates the characters and produces:
>
>  wntml10.2602gf file.

You need to produce the outline fonts using mftrace/potrace
in order to use outline fonts in your pdf.

If you want to only use bitmap fonts (not recommended) then you
need to set an appropriate mode for metafont to generate the fonts
at the correct resolution (2602 is too large).

> I would like to know as to what I should do next to produce tamil .pdf
> files? I am a little lost.

I have not used this package so my information may not be correct.

Does "itrans" support tamil and pdflatex? If so you could try the
fonts from itrans-fonts.

Regards,

Kapil.