[Tugindia] Editors

Alok G. Singh alokgs at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 23 07:55:58 CET 2006

On 24 Feb 2006, vbanait at gmail.com wrote:

> Various editors are available for texing: Latex Editor, scientific
> writer, BaKOMA, LyX and winedit. Which one is best for LaTex Novice
> on windows platform.

It depends somewhat on how deep into TeX you plan to dive. If you are
planning to do non-trivial editing on a regular basis I would
personally recommend a CVS version of Emacs for win32. It is available
at http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html. It comes bundled with
AuCTeX which is a powerful editing mode for LaTeX. Emacs has been
ported to most platforms and so you will have the advantage of being
able to use the same editor and configuration for just about any
platform.

Please stop by #emacs on irc.freenode.net to sort out your Emacs
related queries.

--
Alok

Schizophrenia beats being alone.