[Tugindia] using \includegraphics

Josy P. Pullockara josy at ctfd.cmmacs.ernet.in
Wed Mar 8 06:39:13 CET 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 14:51 -0400, david wrote:
> I wish to include graphics in a latex file. When I use the
> "includegraphics.."  statement I find that the  .eps file has to be in the
> same folder as the latex file. This is OK. But suppose I have several .eps
> files with the same name and do not want to change the names. I have tried
> putting them into different folders but have not been able to write the
> correct filepath. I have made several attempts but they did not work.

It would be nice if you can provide the simplified sample LaTeX file so
that the problem (to me looks trivial) is clear. Check whether the
following serves your purpose.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphics} % or graphicx

\begin{document}
	\includegraphics{dir1/figure.eps}
	\includegraphics{dir2/figure.eps}
\end{document}

works perfectly for me. Note dir1 and dir2 can be in the same folder as
the LaTeX file or in the TEXINPUTS search path.

Regards.
--
Josy P. Pullockara <josy at ctfd.cmmacs.ernet.in>
National Aerospace Laboratories