[Tugindia] \tableofcontents and leading dots

Alexander Nervedi alexnerdy at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 3 20:11:13 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am trying to write up the table of contents for my dissertation and I cant
figure out how to get the pretty little dots in my table of contents. Advice
for reading, or an outright suggestion on how to do this would be really
helpful. I have some code attached below to show what I get.

Alex.

\documentclass[12pt]{report}
\begin{document}
% auxiliary pages
\pagenumbering{roman}

\tableofcontents

\listoffigures \addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{List of Figures}

\listoftables \addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{List of Tables}

\chapter*{Acknowledgements}
\addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{Acknowledgements}
\newpage
\pagenumbering{arabic}
% dissertation chapters
\chapter{Introduction}