[Tugindia] Colored tables in LaTeX involving multirow

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at tug.org
Tue Jan 31 14:06:01 CET 2006

From: Venkatesh Choppella <choppell at gmail.com>
To: tugindia at tug.org
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 16:56:59 +0530
Subject: Colored tables in LaTeX involving multirow

Are there a set of good examples of doing colored tables that have
cells spanning multiple rows (multirow).  I can't seem to find any
that cover this case.  [There's a small example in multirow.sty, but
that doesn't work for the more general case I need.]

More specifically, how do I generate a colored table with multirow and
multicolumn with indicated background color (and text)
entries drawn  schematically (in ascii) in the attached file.  [To
view the table, set your font to a fixed width font, otherwise the
table will appear jumbled.]

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

- venkatesh
choppell at gmail.com