[Tugindia] PDF - CMYK error in Text part

Kapil Hari Paranjape kapil at imsc.res.in
Wed Jan 18 09:17:22 CET 2006

Hello,

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Vinoth Kumar S. wrote:
> After creating .pdf file, I check that pdf file by using the software
> "Enfocus Pitstop Server version 6.1".  This Enfocus reports "CMYK
> color is used for text" as a warning. But in my document, I don't want
> this error. How can I rectify this?

I am not sure about the software you are using so this remark may be
irrelevant.

CMYK colours (or pigment colours) are usually used for files that are
to be printed and RGBA colours (or "transmitted" colours) are used for
screen-based viewing. if CMYK colours are used for screen viewing
then the viewer must perform a conversion that can in general be
inaccurate. Viewers may warn you while performing such conversions.

Regards,

Kapil.