[Tugindia] line overflow while using verbatim

Kapil Hari Paranjape kapil at imsc.res.in
Wed Jan 18 07:46:15 CET 2006

Hello,

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Jagadeesh Bhaskar P wrote:
>   I am a newbie in LaTeX. When I used pdflatex, I saw that long lines in
> verbatim sections were not given any automatic line break, and so were going
> out of the page.
>
> Is there a way I can overcome this? I used fancyvrb package and "Verbatim"
> mode. Still the same problem is there. What should I do to get it fixed?

Verbatim means it is typed as you typed it.

If you want the typerwriter font then use \tt. If you merely want to
quote text then use "quote" environment. If you merely want to keep
special symbols to be unchanged use \ as the escape character. If you
only want some part of the text to be verbatim use \verb|what you want|.

Regards.

Kapil.