[Tugindia] makefile for latex

Sridhar M.A. sridharma at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 15:27:02 CEST 2005

On 9/9/05, Sreejith Pulloor <sreejithpk at gmail.com> wrote:

> could some one provide me some tips to create makefile for latex. is
> there any tutorial available explaining how to write such makefiles?

Have you tried rubber?

 Rubber

a wrapper for LaTeX and friends
current version: 1.0
Rubber is a program whose purpose is to handle all tasks related to
the compilation of LaTeX documents. This includes compiling the
document itself, of course, enough times so that all references are
defined, and running BibTeX to manage bibliographic references.
Automatic execution of dvips to produce PostScript documents is also
included, as well as usage of pdfLaTeX to produce PDF documents.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.