[Tugindia] TTF to MF conversion

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil at yahoo.co.in
Fri Nov 25 06:05:58 CET 2005

Sridhar M.A. said on Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 09:25:50PM +0530,:

 > I have  used ttf2mf program to  convert truetype fonts  to mf under
 > windows.  Is there a  similar program  under Linux  or one  with an
 > `open' license as ttf2mf prohibits the use (unless regsitered).

ttf2afm is installed by default as a part of tetex-bin package on most
GNU/linux  distros - definitely  on Debian  systems -  Debian, *buntu,
Knoppix, etc.

--
Mahesh T. Pai

``Open source'' stresses the technical side of the
software, excellence through code sharing.
``Free software'' emphasizes the moral and ethical,
technical excellence being a desirable byproduct.)