[Tugindia] A CTAN Mirror in India

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.org
Mon Nov 7 10:25:54 CET 2005

On Sat, November 5, 2005 4:48 pm, Baishampayan Ghose said:

> It has been sometime since we had a CTAN archive in India. It was my
> dream for a long time and now I guess I can fulfil it.
> I now have the required bandwidth & hardware to host a CTAN archive in
> India. It will be hosted at ctan.freemind.in [http & ftp].

This is a great news.  Many thanks to you, Baishampayan.

> I want to know whether you are interested in it and whether it will be
> useful to us. Also, I can see that the CTAN people recommend against
> mirroring the TeXLive portions and insist on mirroring only the MACROS
> holdings. Do let me know if that's ok for you.

Mirroring CTAN is one of the best ways to help people using TeX. Since
CTAN is the official repository of all TeX packages released for public
conumption, a mirror in India for CTAN will be much useful for TeX users
in India.

Thanks for your efforts and wish you all success.