[Tugindia] Footnote in Table

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Mon May 30 07:07:14 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to insert a footnote in a table and I want footnote to appear at
the bottom of the same page. I also want footnote marker to be of symbol
(\fnsymbol).

But I am unable to get it.

I tried minipage command and it is giving me footnote at the end of the
table, but I want it to be at end of the page.

Also I am getting alpha numeric digits (a,b,c,d..) as footnote marker using
\begin{minipage} command, instead of *. I tried two different ways to get
\fnsymbol, but in vain.

\renewcommand{\thefootnote}{\fnsymbol{footnote}}

\setcounter{\fnsymbol{\value{footnote}}}
Hi!
Read the documentation for mdwtools.  I haven't tried
out this package, but it says in the documentation that
this package allows footnotes in tables. The documentation
is a bit difficult to read, but the examples seem OK.
Best of luck,
S. Venkataraman.