[Tugindia] How to remove period (dot) after theorem number

Indrajit Lahiri ilahiri at vsnl.com
Wed May 18 08:06:25 CEST 2005

Dear Friends,
                   I have typed a document in AMS-LATEX ( documentclass is amsart). I used \newtheorem environment to write theorems, notes , corollaries etc. The theorems, notes and corollaries are numbered as Theorem 1. , Theorem 2. , Note 1. , Note 2. , Corollary 1. , Corollary 2. etc. I do not want the dots after the theorem , note and corollary numbers. Please advise me how to remove the dots . Thanking you
Yours sincerely
Indrajit Lahiri