[Tugindia] Re: Shaded columns and rows

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.com
Sat Mar 19 06:08:33 CET 2005

On Fri, March 18, 2005 11:55 pm, Arun Kejariwal said:
> Hi,
>       With pdflatex, the following does not work: I expect to get

In other words, you did the right thing, but TeX did the wrong thing!

> gray-colored first column and first three rows
>
> \begin{table*}[!t]
> \centering
> \caption{ABCD}
> \begin{tabular}{>{\columncolor[gray]{0.9}}c|c|c|c|c|c|c|c|c} \hline
> \rowcolor[gray]{0.9}
> &  \multicolumn{8}{c}{\# of Processors} \\

\multicolumn should be modified to accommodate color specifiers too along
with alignment specifiers if you want color in \multicolumn as given
below:

\multicolumn{8}{>{\columncolor[gray]{0.9}}c}{\# of Processors}

Sorry to say, you haven't read the documentation carefully.