[Tugindia] XMLTex and HTMLTeX

mkalidoss mkalidoss at sancharnet.in
Fri Mar 18 13:43:00 CET 2005

CVR wrote:

> You might grab the xmltex package and documentation from CTAN.
> The documentation is straight forward and to the point.  You can easily
> create a format for xmltex and process your XML docs directly using TeX.

I have herewith appended the sample input file and the a portion of the log
file in my futile attempt to use XMLTEX.  Seek your further advice.

M. Kalidoss

-----Sample input file--------
\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}
This is a document to test the XMLTEX setup.
\end{document}

-------The log file----------------

This is e-TeX, Version 3.141592-2.2 (MiKTeX 2.4) (preloaded format=xmltex
2005.3.14)  18 MAR 2005 18:09
entering extended mode
**xmltest.tex
(xmltest.tex
LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
Babel <v3.8a> and hyphenation patterns for english, french, german, ngerman,
uk
english, dumylang, nohyphenation, loaded.
xmltex version: 2000/09/07 v1.8y (Exp):
(e:\texmf\tex\xmltex\base\xmltex.cfg)
No File: xmltest.cfg

! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.1 \
     documentclass{article}
You're in trouble here.  Try typing  <return>  to proceed.
If that doesn't work, type  X <return>  to quit.

LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for OMS+cmr on input line
1.
(e:\texmf\tex\latex\base\omscmr.fd
File: omscmr.fd 1999/05/25 v2.5h Standard LaTeX font definitions
)
LaTeX Font Info:    Font shape `OMS/cmr/m/n' in size <10> not available
(Font)              Font shape `OMS/cmsy/m/n' tried instead on input line 1.
Missing character: There is no d in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no o in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no c in font nullfont!
    ---------------------
Missing character: There is no t in font nullfont!
)
! Emergency stop.
<*> xmltest.tex

*** (job aborted, no legal \end found)

Here is how much of TeX's memory you used:
 37 strings out of 95313
 398 string characters out of 1190704
 50912 words of memory out of 1049433
 3716 multiletter control sequences out of 60000
 3640 words of font info for 14 fonts, out of 500000 for 1000
 22 hyphenation exceptions out of 607
 17i,0n,15p,145b,117s stack positions out of 1500i,500n,5000p,200000b,32768s
No pages of output.