[Tugindia] fontbase.mp

Duvvuri Venu Gopal venugopal_duvvuri at rediffmail.com
Sat Mar 12 05:04:08 CET 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 EKrishnan wrote :
>On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, sankalp suryanarayana wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been trying to compile a small latex file with dev package.
> > The latex compilation is succesful but dvips complains saying it cant
> > find file fontbase.mp , I used package dev and have files Udn.fd,
> > dvng10.mf,dvng10.tfm and dev.sty in the same directory as the tex file.
>
>That's not quite the way to do it. The .sty files, .mf files .tfm files
>and so on must reside in  different places. I can give you the details if
>you're using Linux. Can't help with a Windows installation.
>
>--
>Krishnan

Not much difference whether it is Windows or Linux. First understand the TDS, i.e., TeX Directory System. To understand where different types of files are kept in TeX see the tutorials prepared by TUG India (the scree version - probably Tutorial 2).

Generally the .sty file should go

\texmf\tex\latex\devnagari (you have to create the devnagari or devnag directory)

.mf & .tfm files should go to

\texmf\tex\fonts\public\... create directory with same name as above.

After placing all the files at their respective places run 'texhash'.

If it is a Windows precompiled Denvag preprocessor is there, otherwise you have to compile it for other systems (Linux etc.)

Prepare your devnagari file and save it with a .dn extension.

run devnag *.dn it creates the *.tex file

Then run latex on this file! That's it.

D. Venu Gopal
TeX User No. 4091