[Tugindia] Problem in DVI viewer?

Duvvuri Venu Gopal venugopal_duvvuri at rediffmail.com
Fri Mar 4 17:08:09 CET 2005

To day we created a docuent using ProTeXt with rotating package.

We needed a sidewaystable. We used the sidewaystable environment to create the table. The tex file is compiling without any complaints but and on viewing the DVI file no rotation is found and table shifted to bottom right and out of margin. When we compiled a pdf document, everything is fine in the pdf document (table rotated properly). Is it a problem with the DVI viewer, i.e., Yap?

The same is true for my Linux version of TeX also. The viewer is Xdvi. If I produced a pdf file with the same code using pdfLaTeX, the pdf output is alright, i.e. the table is rotated properly.

 Other user's experience is highly welcomed.

Thanking you,

D. Venu Gopal
TeX User No. 4091