[Tugindia] Header problem

Arun Kejariwal arun_kejariwal at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 23 03:26:49 CEST 2005

Hi,
      I wish to obtain the following format:

Reading List                               Section tile       <- Header

                   (Odd numbered page)

Section tile                                Reading List       <- Header

                   (Even numbered page)

The code for the following is given below:

\usepackage{fancyhdr}
\pagestyle{fancy}

\renewcommand{\sectionmark}[1]{\markright{#1}}
\fancyhead[LE,RO]{\slshape \rightmark}
\fancyhead[LO,RE]{\slshape Reading List}

However, the problem I am facing is  that the section title appears in the
header only on the page on which the section starts. That is, if a section
starts on page 6 (and is of, say, 4 pages), the section title appears in the
header on ly onpage 6 and NOT on pages 7, 8 and 9. :-(

It would be nice if someone could let me know what's wrong in the above
latex code.

I am using the article class as  "\documentclass[11pt,twoside]{article}"

Thanks,
Arun