[Tugindia] Small caps font ratio

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.org
Wed Jun 15 09:26:36 CEST 2005

On Wed, June 15, 2005 10:40 am, Ambika Vanchinathan said:

> How do I change the Small caps font ratio? At present,
> for a 10 pt size article, " \sc" produces 10pt size
> capital letters and the small letters in 8pt size. I
> want the ratio to be 10:7. How and where should the
> change be specified?

You need to create a virtual font to accomplish this, which is trivial if
you know the tricks, if not it is a tormenting experience. Fontinstall
guide of Philip Lehmann (available at CTAN) provides a detailed overview
of virtual fonts.  Small caps are provided  by the foundry and I guess,
the design size can't be changed.