[Tugindia] How to not center vertically the text in the slides

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.com
Thu Jul 7 08:30:25 CEST 2005

On Tue, July 5, 2005 10:44 am, S. venkataraman said:

>> Would somebody let me know how to not center vertically the text in
>> the slides?
>>
>> Davood Souri
>>
>> Venkat,
>
> Thanks for response, I will try your solution. Actually, I am using
> pdfscreen to make my presentation slides. The problem is with using
> \dissolvepage command to add comments gradually. Because of vertically
> centered slides, when I add a line to the slide all the previous lines
> will be displaced and this not good looking.

Actually, the slide environment is nothing but a minipage spanning
textheight and textwidth with contents vertically centered.  Silly of me
that I haven't bothered to keep the vertical alignment as a variable so
that users can do it as they like.  Here is a tweak for vertically
aligning slide contents as you wanted:

\let\oslide\slide
\let\oendslide\endslide
\renewenvironment{slide}
   {\oslide\begin{minipage}[t][\textheight][t]{\textwidth}}
   {\end{minipage}\oendslide}

Apologies for the troubles and user hostile macros in pdfscreen. Thanks
for the feedback, I will remember to rewrite the macros in the next
release.

Best