[Tugindia] Equation indentation

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Thu Jan 13 05:41:06 CET 2005

Hi,
      Is there way to left align the equations? For instance, for the list
environment the length of the left margin can be changed as

>Please change the length of \leftmargini (for first level of the list),
>\leftmarginii (for second level), \leftmarginiii (for third level), so on
>and so forth so that it shall start without indentation.

Is there something similar for the equation environment? \lefteqn works only
for eqnarray.

Currently, my output looks as follows

for ABCD do
                                      EQN is here
end for

That is, the equation is centered.

What I am looking for is as follows:

for ABCD do
     EQN is here
end for

Thanks,
Arun
Hi!,
Use the option fleqn with document class,eg.
\documentclass[fleqn,11pt]{article}
This works in article and book classes. I do
not know about other classes, especially those
classes for theses.
Best regards,
S. Venkataraman