[Tugindia] Can not compile the tex file..

Paritosh Chaudhuri paritosh at ipr.res.in
Mon Feb 21 15:24:50 CET 2005

Hi! everyone,

I have problem in running a tex file. I have downloaded miktex and winedit.
When I run a simle tex file in winedit, it gives the error: TeXify failed to
create a dvi file. For possible explanation start the Command Prompt or read
the log file (captured by winedit during the execution)....", but I can't
able to reda the log file as  icon of log file in that winedit is disabled.
What would be the cause for that? I have running that in Windows XP, and
same is happening in windows 98. In both the computer we have properly set
the path as it is mention.

I hope some one can help us to solve this problem. Please send your helping
suggestion to my address (paritosh at ipr.res.in)

Thank you in advance,

P. Cahudhuri