[Tugindia] help required for using "skt" package in LaTeX

Amuthan Arunkumar aparyap at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 08:30:57 CET 2005

Dear Members,

I recently downloaded and installed Charles Wikner's 'skt' package for
typesetting sanskrit text in devanagari. I somehow managed to install it. I
have a peculiar problem. To state it as clearly as possible, let me give a
sample input i gave

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{skt}
\begin{document}
{\skt raama}
\end{document}

There were no problems during compilation (I used pdflatex for creating the
.pdf file). But the .pdf file showed the sanskrit equivalent of 'graama - g'
(this is the closest possible way I can represent the output). More
explicitly, I'm having problems getting the required output when I enter the
english transliteration scheme. I'm not able to generate ra, da, and many
other symbols though some approximate equivalent like 'r' for 'ra', 'd' or
'daa' for 'da', 'daha' for 'dha', 'm u' for 'mo' etc. are generated instead.

I have no idea why this is happening. Can someone help?

Thanking you in advance,
Amuthan.

--
Amuthan Arunkumar R,