[Tugindia] Drawing figures for latex documents

Kumar Appaiah akumar at ee.iitm.ac.in
Sat Aug 20 19:33:10 CEST 2005

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 12:13:55PM -0400, David Owen wrote:
> I shall be happy if someone can tell me where  to find software, free or cheap, which will allow me to draw figures consisting mainly of straight lines, arrows, parts of circles or other curves etc., to be used in Latex documents.
> Thanks,
> D.Owen

If you use GNU/Linux:
apt-cache show xfig
 XFig is a menu-driven tool that allows the user to draw and manipulate objects
 interactively in an X window.  The resulting pictures can be saved, printed
 on postscript printers, or converted to a variety of other formats (e.g. to
 allow inclusion in LaTeX documents or web pages) using the transfig program.
 .
 This package contains the xfig program itself.
 .
 You should think about installing the transfig package to export the graphics
 to several common formats.  You should also think about installing xfig-doc,
 which contains the documentation and xfig-libs, which contains several clip
 art libraries.
 .
  Homepage: http://www-epb.lbl.gov/xfig/

--