[Tugindia] Typesetting Letters and Books

Kingshuk kingshuk.roypc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 17:50:28 CEST 2005

Hi!

Thanks for the overhelming responce to my query about some Printed LaTex
Book.

While writing letters and applications, I am using fancyhdr package and
\pagestyle{empty} to remove page numbers.
Is there some means to put the page numbers  the following way:

page 1 of 5
page 2 of 5
..
..
page 5 of 5

This method is usually followed in defence letters spanning multiple pages.

Secondly, I am trying to typeset a book by George Orwell. In the
manuscript (text file), all first person dialogues are put under
" " marks. Can someone suggest me an regular expression to convert
opennig " to `` and trailing ones to '' ?
I am using XEmacs.