[Tugindia] Software freedom day is coming around once more * Sept 2005

Frederick Noronha (FN) fred at bytesforall.org
Sun Apr 17 19:20:08 CEST 2005

If you're interested in spreading the "freedom" message of Free Software, check
out the possibilities of joining worldwide celebrations scheduled sometime in
September 2005:

 	http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/

Software Freedom Day is a global grassroots effort to promote the use of Free
and Open Source Software. Over 70 teams joined the celebration last year,
organising a range of events at schools, universities and public places. This
year, we have every opportunity to grow and make a serious impact on public
opinion.

We are again inviting you to participate by forming local teams and plan local
events. As last year, we will provide logistical support including on-line
facilities and physical materials like FOSS CDs. Please check our team pages to
see if there is a team near you, or set up a new one.

All details on the website (above). You're free to take Software Freedom Day in
any suitable direction. You're only restricted by your imagination!

Please see if you could get friends and teams involved in your part of Asia. FN

    _____
  _/ ____\____    Frederick Noronha * Freelance Journalist * Goa
  \   __\/    \   India T +91.832.2409490 M +919822 122436
   |  | |   |  \  http://fn.swiki.net http://goabooks.swiki.net
   |__| |___|  /  http://www.bytesforall.net http://www.bytesforall.org
   Sign up for low-volume, high-quality news summaries and updates from
   Goa at http://newsfromgoa.swiki.net * It's free and volunteer-driven.