[Tugindia] any software for figure and Greek symbols

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Fri Sep 17 06:29:58 CEST 2004

Hi!
> Thanks Kapil Paranjape!
>
> I never found single software with one can stick for long
> time. Like gnuplot has some limitations, but it is better
> upto certain level and
> easy also.
> pstricks is perfect but after certain level it get more
> complicated. So I  am in need of some user friendly software
> which supports TeX labelling
> and exporting  in .eps is possible. At  present as per
> requirement and
> complexcity, PSTricks, gunplot are helpful but not perfect.
>
> For new users or users having limited work with LaTeX, are
> facing trouble. Anyway, list you sent is more appropriate. I
> will search better among those.
>
> Regards,
> Manjusha
While the other packages are generic, eukleides is specifically for
High school geometry, written by a high school teacher.  It also
 allows you to export to a variety of formats including Xfig and
skencil.
It is definetely worth taking a look. Xeukleides provides a sort of GUI
 to the package.
S. Venkataraman
Lecturer in Mathematics
School of Sciences