[Tugindia] Creating figure caption in Malayalam

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.org
Mon Oct 25 18:25:03 CEST 2004

On Mon, October 25, 2004 6:08 pm, V. Sasi Kumar said:
> I am creating a document in Malayalam in which I have to include some
> figures. When I write \begin{figure}, followed by \caption{...}, the
> caption comes as Figure 1: followed by the text I give in Malayalam. I
> want to redefine this so that a suitable Malayalam word comes instead of
> Figure. How can I do that? Can I similarly change for Table also?

Redefine \figurename and \tablename with appropriate Malayalam terms:

 \def\figurename{<m>.....</m>}
 \def\tablename{<m>......</m>}

This should invariably be in your *.mm file which is read by the
preprocessor, and not in any package or master documents.  In that case
they should also be preprocessed.