[Tugindia] Re: toc entry for preface

V. Sasi Kumar vsasi at hotpop.com
Thu Oct 21 06:31:37 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 23:46, M.Kalidoss wrote:

> In the book class, use \frontmatter, include your preface,
> \tableofcontents, \listoffigures, \listoftables
> and then have \mainmatter.
> Automatically you will have toc entries (without resorting to
> \addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{Preface} declaration).
> However such a declaration is necessary after \backmatter
> and \chapter*{Bibliography}

I think I have put preface in frontmatter only, because I wanted page
number to appear in roman numerals. (It is in a machine at home and I am
writing from my office.) Mainmatter starts with Prologue, which also did
not appear in the toc.

> I think you are referring to shadowbox and psboxit packages
> and not the picinpar package.

No, I was referring to the picins package that CVR mentioned. I have not
used it so far, but this seems to be an alternative for wrapfig with
more options.

Thank you for the additional information you have given.

--
V. Sasi Kumar <vsasi at hotpop.com>