[Tugindia] zero indent in endnotes

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.org
Wed Oct 20 06:23:07 CEST 2004

On Wed, October 20, 2004 3:32 am, Rijo John said:

> I am using the endnotes package in latex downloaded from CTAN.
> In spite of specifying " \parindent 0pt"  my end notes are appearing with
> an indent. They are appearing as:
>
>    1This is the first end note and it goes to the
> second line.
>
>    2This is the second end note and this also goes
> to the second line
>
> but I want them to appear as below:
>
>   1. This is the first end note and it goes to the
>      second line.
>
>   2. This is the second end note and this also goes
>      to the second line

Please add the following code anywhere before \theendnotes command:

\makeatletter
\def\enoteformat{\rightskip\z@ \leftskip2em \parindent=0em
     \leavevmode\llap{\hbox{\@theenmark.~}}}
\makeatother

This should solve your problem. If you have still problems, please get
back to me.  If you find the notes typeset too tightly, please add a
\parskip 6pt  or whatever dimension to the \endnoteformat.