[Tugindia] Devnag LyX

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Fri May 21 07:05:04 CEST 2004

Hi!
I also do not use Lyx, but Lyx is useful for
 beginners.
As far as I know fonts may not be a
 problem.  There are enough indic fonts for
 Xwindows.  (Please correct me if I am wrong.)
 We can use BDF fonts in Xwindows.  What
 we can do is to load the type 1 devanagari font
 dvng*.pfb into fontforge(earlier known as Pfaedit)and
 save them as BDF fonts. It could be as simple as that.
 What could be a bother are the key maps for various input
 methods like devnag, itrans and inscript. I am not
 very familiar with Lyx.  So, we need to dig a bit.
With best regards,
S. Venkataraman
Lecturer in Mathematics
School of Sciences