[Tugindia] TeXnic Center

Gary Hoffman glhoffman at cox.net
Sat Mar 27 00:19:28 CET 2004

S. venkataraman wrote:

> [...]
Two comments.

First, Sebastian Rahtz has created a package that includes Emacs, AUCTeX
and an nxml mode (for dealing with Relax NG schema).  It may be found at
http://www.tei-c.org/Software/tei-emacs/.  It is available in both
Windows and Linux/Unix versions.

Second, I wish to qualify my previous statement.  Kile is the most
advanced "out of the box" Latex editor.  By "out of the box,"  I mean
that it is easy to install and  ready  to use by anyone, especially the
neophyte.  Having said that, David's combination of packages/programs
appears intriguing; but it is no mean task to assemble them.  May I
suggest, David, that you follow Sebastian's example and compile a
package so that all of these packages/programs can be installed in a
single execution. And, while your at it, please give some consideration
to including context.el.

Regards,

Gary Hoffman