[Tugindia] Citations extend beyond page margin

Ragu.solaiappan, Integra ragu.solaiappan at integra-india.com
Sat Mar 6 07:16:43 CET 2004

Dear Himal,

Are you using natbib.sty? You would not get any errors when you use
natbib.sty. For me the text is not overlapping into the margins.

Please check the following sample.

\usepackage{natbib}  % you can have any other natbib options.

\begin{document}
of the domains, especially where the interface intersects the
boundary (since it is already the case for linear problems
\citep{bib9,bib12,bib16,bib18,bib23}). Different  authors  have
studied such  unilateral boundary value problems  but without

\begin{thebibliography}{99}
\bibitem[\protect\citeauthoryear{Apel}{1999}]{bib1} %% 1
Apel, Th. (1999). Anisotropic finite elements: Local
etc. etc.

etc.

\end{document}

Regards
Ragu

Hi Everybody,

I am having an unusual problem of extended text beyond
right margin. It doesn't happen with the regular text,
but only with the citation. Here is an example.

---
While at the end of the line
the citation like [Bush and Cheney,
2004], it doesn't break pro-
perly. In fact, the citation
should appear like [Bush and
Cheney, 2004].
---

Could someone suggest me on how to overcome this
problem. Thanks

himal